Facing Your Sentencing Hearing, is your Prison Placement Request Ready?
For those who are facing their federal prison sentencing hearing today, the Presentence Report is the key to your immediate future prison placement and successful reentry.
- In the federal system; more than 90% of those indicted go to prison, (In the state system; greater than 75% of those indicted wind up in prison).
- After a verdict of guilt, broadly speaking the next most important document is the Presentence Report (PSR); It controls your future.
- Long before the sentencing hearing and a guilty verdict, is when the defense can proactively research and begin to formulate their sentencing mitigation and BOP placement strategy.
PPRS Prison Match™ – Sentencing and BOP Placement Preparation
- Early preparation (with your attorney) of your Presentence Report including Placement Request, can save you future expenses later.
- Do these apply:
- Are you eligible for RDAP (up to 1 year off your sentence),
- Atr you taking medications, if so are they available?
- Do you have any mental and or medical healthcare needs?
- Would participating in any of the BOP Psychology Therapy programs be of benefit, is so is your anticipated security level a match?
- Being proactive in this process will impact you and your family’s immediate fears and future.
Objectives and Goal
Provide a qualified prison placement recommendation to the court taking into account both security requirements and healthcare needs.
- Reduce recidivism by matching and nurturing the defendant’s preexisting interest in a particular occupation, trade, or higher education; with an appropriate prison.
One successful example of an existing program:
The LastMile.org, a program started at San Quentin State Prison.
The PSR (Presentence Report) is used by:
- The judge for sentencing.
- The BOP designates or places the defendant into a particular prison.
- Probation to supervise the defendant after release.
- Finally, it then becomes a permanent part of the defendant’s record.
- It turns out to be the ‘gift that keeps on giving’.
Prison Match™ – Federal; a PSR / Sentencing Preparation Software that matches the defendant to a prison-based on their:
- Individual healthcare CARE LEVEL needs.
- Security requirements.
- Reducing recidivism and creating a successful reentry can start before sentencing by matching the defendant to a facility where they have expressed an interest in either higher learning (college) or in learning a specific occupational trade.