Admiral McRaven’s Story: Write Your Story – Your NARRATIVE
William H. McRaven, rising through the ranks to become commander of the Pentagon’s Joint Special Operations Command, was credited for organizing and overseeing the execution of Operation Neptune’s Spear, the special ops raid on Osama bin Laden on May 2, 2011. Admiral McRaven’s experiences and challenges hold true in those challenging times of warfare as a member of SEAL Team Six or to those of us facing Federal Indictments and Prison (temporarily).
His 10 Inspirational Lessons to Live by, from Mandela to a young girl in Pakistan, Malala, should leave you with hope. I Hope You Take 15 Minutes and watch this YouTube; it may Change Your View on Life – “NEVER GIVE UP.”
- START THE DAY WITH A TASK COMPLETED – MAKE YOUR BED, [PLEASE DON’T LAUGH]
- Don’t depend on The Correction Staff For Support now that you’re aware and Have Your Plan – Work Your Plan…
- FIND SOMEONE TO HELP YOU THROUGH LIFE
- You’ll need a Federal Criminal Defense Attorney with Experience in Federal Criminal Court.
- You may also need someone Familiar With Federal Prison and the work needed to get you through – with a Possible Early Release Date.
- REMEMBER – NO GUARANTEES
- RESPECT EVERYONE
- Then, become friends with those with shared interests – Don’t Get Disciplined and No Cell Phones.
- LIFE IS NOT ALWAYS FAIR,
- Disappointments are how the BOP operates – How You React is Up To You, Stay Humble.
- DON’T BE AFRAID TO FAIL
- That’s part of Life and Moving Forward – Please don’t constantly Complain to your Case Manager – Everyone else is Complaining – Keep Your Head Down and Do the Work.
- If needed: Start The Administrative Remedy Process.
- SOMETIMES, HIT LIFE HEADFIRST
- This Is What We Have All Been Doing Since Being Indicted – Own It and Keep Moving Forward
- FACE DOWN THE BULLIES
- If it’s an inmate – walk away; if It’s BOP staff – Apologize
- STEP UP WHEN TIMES ARE THE TOUGHEST
- The only person’s emotions you can control – Are Yours.
- HOPE – LIFT UP THE DOWNTRODDEN: Washington, Lincoln, King, Mandela, and even a young Pakistan Malala
- Prison Is Temporary IF THEY OVERCAME OBSTACLES – So Can You
- NEVER GIVE UP
- Don’t Give Up On Working Towards Your Goal, Your REENTRY Plan. Even if your Case Manager throws it in the trash, it eventually will be read as you document your journey.
- It could be used in a BLOG or Website.
- The Halfway House Reentry Manage, Supervised Release Probation Officer, and possibly your Judge may eventually read it.
LIFE LESSONS, WHETHER IN PRISON OR A SEAL