In this YouTube, I cover what you can bring when you self-surrender. The optimal time is before 12 P.M. and then before 4 P.M. In the weeks before, there is additional planning, which I cover below.
1) WHAT YOU CAN BRING: (P5580.08)
- Basic wedding band, Bible.
- Prescriptions: am I allowed to bring my medications, and how much?
- ID, what kinds of ID?
- How do you get money into your account, and why do you need money for Commissary?
- What are Legal Papers?
- List of personal names, how many, and in how much detail?
- Clothing, what to wear?
2) PRE-SURRENDER PLANNING – WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
THINGS TO UNDERSTAND AND PREPARE FOR BEFORE YOUR SURRENDER – POSSIBLY LEADING TOWARD EARLY RELEASE
I. Compassionate Release – What is this?
II. RDAP: What is this, and do I Qualify?
III. Your Reentry/Release Plan – Is this Important? What is this?
IV. FSA – How does it work? What is this? Through this video, I review how to implement The First Step Act (FSA) successfully.
V. Case Managers, what power do they have on me, and who are they – what do they do?
WHY A RELEASE PLAN?
THIS IS ALL ABOUT PREPARATION; YOU WILL BE GOING HOME ONE DAY
SUCCESS IS A MENTAL PROACTIVE DECISION – THAT DOESN’T HAPPEN OVERNIGHT
I’m here to help you Navagate Through What You Going To Encounter – Because I’ve Been Where You Are Now, And Understand Your Fears
VII. Who should you tell the prison to call in case of an Emergency?
VIII. What are the BOP policies for phone calls, email, and personal Contacts, and how do you get money for the commissary?
IX. Do you have a business that will be running while you are in prison? What can and can’t you do?
X. Understand Your Medical Needs – Is your healthcare available? This is a big deal. Yes, you can get Surgical 2nd Opinions – and there may be a 1-3 year wait to get an appointment. After the medical 2nd opinion consult reaches your medical team, The BOP Is Under No Obligation To Follow It.
- Banks, Power of Attorney, and what they have in common.
- You have a court-ordered Financial Penalty, so understand its impact on your life in prison and release date.
XII. Did you know that your Judge wants to learn about you because Crimes Do Not Occur in a Vacuum;
- Reentry/Release Plan
- Letters That Attest To Your Character
- Are you Prepared?
Call 240.888.7778 for a personal one-on-one call
to discuss your current issue or that of a loved one.
We are not Attorneys; you need Legal Representation.