THE PRESENTENCE INTERVIEW ⇒ THE PRESENTENCE REPORT
Is your referral to the Judge and then into the BOP
- The Probation Officer, as he/she drafts The Presentence Report based on what they learn from you and their investigation.
- The Judge, as we all know, he/she uses at sentencing,
- The BOP uses THE PRESENTENCE REPORT as a Referral for placement, based on your clients:
- Medical Care needs
- Mental Healthcare needs
- Medication Availability
- Psychology and other Programming needs,
- Some are security level dependent, with limited avail.
- Criminogenic Needs –
- 18 U.S. Code §3553, Provides options: critical in mitigating your client’s sentence and requires time to be developed by the defense.