Your Personal Narrative Express remorse and understanding for 1) the victim’s pain, and suffering, 2) and the pain it caused your family.
Your Personal Narrative: Agree with the court as to the: 1) seriousness of the crime, without 2) minimizing the seriousness of the crime.
- What brought you to this moment, that involved crime?
- What has this experience taught you? Did it bring up past experiences?
- What is your plan to never re-offend?
- If there was a “trigger,” what was that trigger, and how do you remove it from your life?
Judge, I feel financially responsible and want to make amends
- I know this is not much, but here is $$
- I have a Release Plan – A Job when I get home, and then I will be able to start the Financial Responsibility Program
- As I will have little to no income – by not participating in the Financial Responsibility Program, The BOP may keep me from participating in programs – and be held against me.