THOSE OF YOU WHO WILL BE SURRENDERING DURING WINTER 2022/2023, COVID ALONG WITH THE FLU/INFLUENZA MAY BE PRESENT AT YOUR FACILITY
YOU CAN CHECK THIS OUT FIRST BY GOING TO THE BOP WEBSITE AT BOP.GOV
- WHEN YOU GET THERE, YOU WILL LOOK FOR THE BOP COVID CURRENT MODIFIED OPERATION LEVELS,
- THEN LOOK FOR YOUR PRISON
IN 2020 THE WORLD WAS CAUGHT BY SURPRISE, BUT BETWEEN ISOLATION, MASKS, AND VACCINES, WE’VE MANAGED TO COME THROUGH IT.
All prisons and jails, being closed-in environments, were perfect breeding grounds, although in the federal system, a few wardens did a great job protecting inmates and staff alike.
ALONG WITH THE OTHER ITEMS I’VE COVERED THAT YOU VAN BRING WITH YOU [SEE MY WEBSITE]
- If you have had all your COVID vaccines and boosters, bring verification
- If you haven’t, that’s ok too.
- If you had your Flu Shot, bring verification.
- Should your warden be overly cautious in instituting precautions, be grateful. It is better to error on the side of caution.
- Through your preparation and PSR, the Judge has already seen YOUR COMPLETE MEDICAL Record, which is already at the Prison.
At this point, I cannot tell you if you will be put into an isolation cell, but as of this recording 12/10/2022, that may not be necessary.
Hello and welcome My name is Marc Blatstein – and I’m the Physician who found Physician Presentence Report Service (PPRS)
Learn From My Mistakes – So you Don’t Make Yours
I’ve been in practice for 30+ years, which was unfortunately interrupted by an early 6 am knock at my front door,
and a 2nd at 8 am at my podiatric medical practice – all for a problem that I created.
As a result, I Plead Guilty to a Felony and was convicted of a federal White-Collar crime, and was sentenced to time in the BOP.
After my release, and several years of hard work, my license was, restored in full in 2010.
Around that time
- I chose to use my skills in medicine
- with my understanding of the BOP
- to assist those of you,
- who like me,
- find themselves facing our Criminal Justice System.
While I Was UNPREPARED
I Made It A Point
- TO PROVIDE YOU WITH THE RESOURCES SO YOU WILL BE PREPARED- BECAUSE IN PRISON, AS IN LIFE
- PREPARATION = SURVIVAL
- WHILE YOUR STAY IN PRISON WILL BE TEMPORARY (and At times uncomfortable)
The Goal Is To Be Productive and Keep It as Short as Possible
Surrendering To The BOP During COVID Their Modified Operation Levels
- Even though Level 1 is the Lowest,
- Masks may be required, (remember that the flu is another complication this yr. as we have been isolated since 2/2020)
- but otherwise, all appears to be functioning normally
- If you’re designated to a facility that is under Operational Level 2 or 3
- These may require that additional CDC prevention guidelines be followed
- Here the Warden is Responsible for determining his ‘operation level’, and
- these levels will vary around the BOP.
You could be in Quarantine for 2-4 weeks,
- Remember in the Big Picture –THIS IS TEMPORARY
- Now preparing for 1-4 weeks in a cell – You Will Get Bored
- Think about Books – Books You Can Learn From:
- Make a list of books you’d like to read – START SENDING TWO DAYS BEFORE YOU ARRIVE,
- Pre-Set a schedule for each friend and family member – it’s cheaper for all
- Getting too many books at once could get you in trouble
- Ask family & friends to each send books from the list, 2 books at a time
- When you get to the Camp or Low
- After you make friends, ask them, to ask their family, to call yours and let them know you are OK.
Hardback – from Amazon, Softback – from home
- Marco Polo’s “Travels”,
- Martin Luther King’s “Letter from Birmingham Jail”,
- Nelson Mandela’s Autobiography
- The Three Laws of Performance, By Steve Zaffron
- Rich Dad, Poor Dad, by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: STEPHEN R COVEY
- The Power of Habit: by Charles Duhigg
- Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson
- The Gift, Edith Eva Eger
… these are all great places to start and should continue throughout your stay
Inmates may also receive up to five magazines (no sexually explicit material) or paperback books per day.
Paperback books sent in a package
- must have the contents clearly annotated on the outside of the box
- (IE… 5 paperback books enclosed in accordance with BOP policy), and
- only the books may be in the package.
Books, magazines, and photos are the basic items that an inmate may receive from family and friends.
- (no padded covers, no enclosed CD/DVD) and/or newspapers
- only from a publisher, distributor, or bookseller (IE… Amazon.com, Walden Books.com).
Blank journals, diaries, address books, daily planners, card stock, construction paper, hobby craft materials, or sketchbooks
- are not authorized for receipt.
- Inmates also cannot receive any food items, clothing, or electronic media (CDs, DVDs, flash drives, etc…).
Consultations are on me.
Thank you! Marc
Physician Presentence Report Service
No matter where you are in The Process, there are things we can do
* No Physician, Attorney, or Consultant can promise any outcomes.